Retail’s biggest names set to gather in Sydney
How are retail businesses keeping pace with a dynamic, consumer-driven world? What is the key to a seamless customer experience? How are loyalty systems evolving in response to technology, data and social participation? Global and local retail leaders will be sharing the answers to these and many more topical questions at the 6th Retail Leaders Forum on 7 and 8 March 2017 in Sydney.
At a time when the retail industry is in the throes of transformation, navigating disruption and exploring future potential, the Retail Leaders Forum provides a prestigious platform for executive insights, powerful strategies and effective networking.
With an in-depth agenda and a firm focus on innovation and leadership, the Retail Leaders Forum facilitates valuable discussion of the issues facing the industry in 2017 and beyond.
The 6th annual Retail Leaders Forum will be held at the Sofitel Wentworth Hotel, Sydney on 7 and 8 March 2017. Presenting an extraordinary line-up of respected retail executives, this industry-leading event allows retail professionals to share ideas, discuss strategies and gain the latest insights into successful, cutting-edge retail.
Some of the highlights of the event include:
- Gordon Cairns, chairman, Woolworths Limited, will share his extensive national and international experience on how Woolworths is striving to meet the challenges of transformation. Prior to his time at the Australian retail giant, Gordon has held senior management positions in marketing, operations and finance with PepsiCo, Cadbury Limited and Nestle.
- Susie McCabe, senior vice president of Global Retail, Under Armour (USA) will uncover a fresh approach to innovation through the lens of the fast-rising sports brand. Since joining the team at Under Armour, Susie has worked extensively to expand the brand’s presence and popularity across the globe.
- Ron Johnson, founder, Apple Store (USA), will reveal how to take effective retail experiences to the next level. As the driving force behind Apple’s pioneering retail store model, Ron is well-versed in the art of creating superior design and exceptional customer experiences.
- Antonia Jermendy, head of innovation & test, Swarovski (CHE) will apply her research and marketing insights to share what the future holds for retail. A big believer in the power of informed innovation, Antonia works to foster creative and fact-based decision making.
- Michele C. Fuhs, department manager & head of premium retail experience, BMW Group (DE) will delve into the secrets behind the ultimate retail experience, informed by his current role at the German luxury brand.
- Sally Macdonald, chief executive officer, Big W will provide a customer focus to the agenda with her insights on reconnecting with the consumer. Prior to her role at Big W, Sally occupied the CEO and managing director role at Oroton Group.
- David L. Bunch, global vice-president Shell Retail Marketing, Shell Brands International (UK) will examine the role of IoT and Infotainment in today’s retail landscape. David is responsible for leading the company’s strategic marketing direction for Shell’s branded retail products, services and digital solutions across 70 countries.
- The Hon. Gladys Berejiklian MP, treasurer of NSW will unpack the importance of government initiatives in supporting Australia’s retail sector.
Other leaders confirmed to speak at the event include Peta Granger, director, LUSH Fresh Homemade Cosmetics; Sam McDonagh, country manager, Australia & New Zealand, Airbnb; Peter Crone, chief economist, Coles; Roberto Mercadé, president, South Pacific, The Coca-Cola Company; Pieter van der Merwe, chief information security officer, Woolworths; Dave Whittle, executive & non-executive director, Myer; and Cathy Doyle, Vice president & chief people officer, McDonald’s Australia.
For more information about the event, or to register, visit retailleaders.com.au or call Connect Events on (02) 8004 8590. Early bird registrations end on 9 December 2016. Group discounts are available for groups of 4, 8 and 12 delegates.
For enquiries about sponsoring the Retail Leaders Forum, contact Tim Lockwood on (02) 8004 3172.
Inside Retail Polls
Department store Myer has further streamlined its executive team, cutting 35 roles from its head office in Melbourn… https://t.co/jEPQL27ujx4 days ago
Clothing retailer Jeanswest is the latest retailer to enter voluntary administration, citing difficult trading co… https://t.co/xyBNwDPO0J5 days ago